Let’s celebrate labor day with these beautiful quotes wishes and messages.
On the 1st Monday of the September people of the United States celebrate Labor Day. Labor day is a public holiday and they celebrate well in the honor of the Labor movement and their contribution. Labor Day is also known as International worker’s day.
Labor day celebrated all over the world but some countries celebrate in May like Pakistan, India and in Australia, they celebrate in 1st Monday of March in Victoria and Tasmania they celebrate labor day 2nd Monday of the March,
How did labor day become a national holiday
There are many theories about Labor Day some of them are the following:
In the 19th century Labor movement and trade union grow and then Labor Day become a national holiday.
In 1882 Security of new york central union and expert of machine Peter J. McGuire give suggestions to celebrate on the 1st Monday of September.
In May 1888 after observation of the festival of labor Federation Of Labor suggest making labor day.
In 1887 Almotahida was the first state who celebrate the holiday of labor day.
In 1894 labor day become a holiday on government and Federal level and after this 30 American states celebrate labor day as the national holiday.
In 1886 Official public holiday was celebrated by Oregon state of United States. In 1894 it’s become the official Federal holiday and thirty United State celebrate labor day. Read here History of Labor Day.
25 Best happy Labor Day quotes wishes and messages.
- Labor Day is seen as a day of rest for many hardworking Americans. – James P. Hoffa
- Labor Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation. – Samuel Gompers
- Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. – Thomas Jefferson
- The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The one thing that matters is the effort. – Antoine de-Sainte-Exupery
- The end of labor is to gain leisure. – Aristotle
- Happy Labor Day, everyone! Now greet your loved ones and your co-workers with our cool shareable greeting cards!
- As we celebrate Labor Day, we honor the men and women who fought tirelessly for workers’ rights, which are so critical to our strong and successful labor force. Elizabeth Esty
- The candidate out front on Labor Day has historically been the one who stayed ahead in November. Peter Jennings
- God tells us all things at the price of labor. by Leonardo da Vinci
- Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but it improves its chances. by B. J. Gupta
- Hard work is rewarding beyond gold. Sweating is living. by Terri Guillemets
- Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil. by Henry van Dyke
- I help by staying out of the way while other people are working. Lyle Hintz Jr.
- I wonder if the clothes in China say, “Made around the corner.” Unknown Author
- If a man will not work, he shall not eat. Paul the Apostle
- If you want to kill time, try working it to death. Sam Levinson
- I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson
- It is better to wear out than to rust out. Richard Cumberland
- Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor. Ulysses S. Grant
Thanks for Reading Labor Day – 20 Best happy Labor Day quotes wishes and messages. Thanks
Quotes Source: http://www.quoteauthors.com/labor-day-quotes/