Happy Memorial day 2019 Quotes to honor and say thank you to Soldiers.
Memorial day is the Day of Remembrance of Soldiers who fought for their countries.
The memory of the war is still pained in the hearts of mothers, fathers, widows, children of those guys who were returning home with a “load of 200”.
It is also for those who fought for their country. In honor of the Day of Commemoration of the Internationalist Warriors, solemn mourning and patriotic events are held in the country and memorial day is one of those days.
In honor of those soldiers who sacrifice their life and family for us, we collect some happy memorial day 2019 quotes to tribute them.
“I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” Nathan Hale
Happy Memorial Day 2019 Quotes
Memorial day gives us a message that freedom is not free. For our freedom our soldier sacrifices lots. In remembrance of those soldiers, we celebrate this day.
Below you’ll read the collection of 66 happy memorial day 2019 quotes. Enjoy and don’t forget to share with your friends.
1. “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.“ Abraham Lincoln
2. “We cherish too, the Poppy red that grows on fields where valor led, it seems to signal to the skies that blood of heroes never dies.“ Moina Michael
3. “My own heroes are the dreamers, those men, and women who tried to make the world a better place than when they found it, whether in small ways or great ones. Some succeeded, some failed, most had mixed results… but it is the effort that’s heroic, as I see it. Win or lose, I admire those who fight the good fight.“ George R.R. Martin
4. “The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country“ George S. Patton Jr.
5. “Most have been forgotten. Most deserve to be forgotten. The heroes will always be remembered. The best.“ George R.R. Martin
6. “Finally, I wish to remember the millions of Allied servicemen and prisoners of war who lived the story of the Second World War. Many of these men never came home; many others returned bearing emotional and physical scars that would stay with them for the rest of their lives. I come away from this book with the deepest appreciation for what these men endured, and what they sacrificed, for the good of humanity.“ Laura Hillenbrand
7. “The events of that day would forever be remembered, and they stood together as a united Marridon, a nation that would lead in innovation and liberality, taking up the thread that had been left for them, the essence of selfless love woven along a national loom.“ Michelle Franklin
8. “Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.“ Robert A. Heinlein
9. “… It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … [with]discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and self-confidence born of demonstrated ability.“ George S. Patton Jr.
10. “Tonight, when you go to bed, say a prayer that God watch over those who watch over us and thank them for their sacrifices, on and off the battlefield. Pray that they have a peaceful night, and will be home soon with their families who also share their burden. Without them, we would not have this moment.“ Neil Leckman
Memorial day 2019 thank you quotes
11. “Only the dead have seen the end of the war.“ Plato
12. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.“ Mark Twain
13. “Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious“ Oscar Wilde
14. “We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.“ Winston S. Churchill
15. “My country owes me nothing. It gave me, as it gives every boy and girl, a chance. It gave me schooling, independence of action, the opportunity for service and honor.“ Herbert Hoover
16. “Have you ever stopped to ponder the amount of blood spilled, the volume of tears shed, the degree of pain and anguish endured, the number of noblemen and women lost in battle so that we as individuals might have a say in governing our country? Honor the lives sacrificed for your freedoms.“ Richelle E. Goodrich
17. “Soldiers themselves are reluctant to evaluate the costs of war, but someone must. That evaluation, ongoing and unadulterated by politics, maybe the one thing a country absolutely owes the soldiers who defend its borders.“ Sebastian Junger
18. “Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.“ Theodore Roosevelt
19. “Damn the wars but bless the soldier.“ T.L. Moffitt
20. “Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives.“ John Adams
21. “Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.“ Mark Twain
22. “Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.“ Winston S. Churchill
23. “It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.“ Aristotle
24. “In the aftermath, we are because they were.“ RJ Heller
Memorial day 2019 remembrance quotes
25. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.“ George S. Patton Jr
26. “Do not forget that the armed forces are the servants of the people. You do not make national policy; it is we, the civilians, who decide these issues and it is your duty to carry out these tasks with which you are entrusted.“ M. A. Jinnah
27. “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.“ Robert A. Heinlein
28. “Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver 5 minutes longer.“ Ronald Reagan
29. “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.“ G.K. Chesterton
30. “This country has not seen and probably will never know the true level of sacrifice of our veterans. As a civilian, I owe an unpayable debt to all our military. […] Let’s all take a remembrance for all veterans who served or are serving, peacetime or wartime and gone or still with us.“ Thomas M Smith
31. “America’s finest – our men and women in uniform –are a force for good throughout the world, and that is nothing to apologize for.“ Sarah Palin
32. “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.“ Barack Obama
33. “Where humanity sowed faith, hope, and unity, joy’s garden blossomed.“ Aberjhani
34. “War brings out the kind of pride in a country that encourages its citizens in the direction of excellence and it encourages them to be ready to die for it. At no time do people work so well together to achieve the same goal as they do in wartime.“ Andy Rooney
35. “Your country is proud of you.“ C.J. Hatch
Memorial day 2019 inspirational quotes
36. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.“ Theodore Roosevelt
37. “Patriotism means to stand by the people, not to stand by the party.“ Sumit Agarwal
38. “That’s what any committed patriot would do: Fight to the last. Defeat your enemy at any cost; then hope you have enough left to rebuild.“ Randolph D. Calverhall
39. “Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.“ Theodore Roosevelt
40. “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.“
41. “If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: in love, we find out who we want to be; in war, we find out who we are.“ Kristin Hannah
42. “Serving my country was a life-changing experience for me. It was during those years that I realized the importance of commitment, dedication, honor, and discipline. I have never laughed so much; nor have I ever prayed so much. I made life-long friends. The leaders and heroes I served with helped shape me into the man I am today. I feel honored to have been a part of such a great tradition and grateful to others who have walked the same path.“ Steve Maraboli
43. “They were all in and they were all together, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.“ Bob Richardson
44. “Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten it.“ U.S. Department of the Navy
45. “It may sound corny, but what’s wrong with wanting to fight for your country. Why are people reluctant to use the word patriotism?“ Jimmy Stewart
46. “To be heroic is to be courageous enough to die for something.“ Criss Jami
Memorial day 2019 thank you quotes and sayings
47. “My old man says when it’s time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.“ Robert A. Heinlein
48. “To the veterans of the United States of America: Thank you, for the cost, you paid for our freedom, thank you for the freedom to live in safety and pursue happiness, for freedom of speech (thus my book), and for all the freedoms that we daily take for granted.“ Sara Niles
49. “No soldier outlives a thousand chances. But every soldier believes in Chance and trusts his luck.“ Erich Maria Remarque
50. “Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.“ Brodi Ashton
51. “I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.“ Adlai E. Stevenson II
52. “And when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.“ Ruskin Bond
53. “If we don’t end the war, war will end us.“ H.G. Wells
54. “I don’t believe in the Constitution because I’m American, I’m American because I believe in the Constitution.“ J.S.B. Morse
55. “Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.“ Peter S. Beagle
56. “The birthplace of anarchy is the cemetery of freedom.“ Craig D. Lounsbrough
57. “Unhappy the land that is in need of heroes“. Bertolt Brecht
58. “So, let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look over not only ourselves but each other.“ Barack Obama
59. “My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one’s country, not to its institutions or its officeholders. The country is the real thing, the substantial thing, the eternal thing; it is the thing to watch over, and care for, and be loyal to; institutions are extraneous, they are its mere clothing, and clothing can wear out, become ragged, cease to be comfortable, cease to protect the body from winter, disease, and death.“ Mark Twain
I hope you like reading these Happy Memorial Day 2019 quotes.