A selection of famous quotes about the rain so evoked in poetry.
Few meteorological phenomena have as much magic as rain. Muse of poets and artists of all ages, the rain evokes tranquility and harmony, invites you to seclude yourself and reflect on life.
Although the sunny days evoke vitality and energy, the dark and stormy days evoke sadness and despair, we could say that the rainy days transmit a certain calmness that invites us to let our mind flow.
Famous quotes about the rain
Without further delay, we will know rainy quotes and famous quotes about the rain from writers and thinkers throughout history.
1. Rain is grace, it is the sky that descends to Earth. Without rain, there would be no life. (John Updicke)
The origin of life, with water as the epicenter.
2. If you want the rainbow, you have to endure the rain. (Dolly Parton)
Nothing comes by itself; you always have to overcome certain adversities.
3. Some people walk in the rain, others simply get wet. (Roger Miller)
Different ways of facing existence.
4. If you pray for rain, you have to deal with the mud too. (Denzel Washington)
Similar to the previous famous quote.
5. If rain ruins the picnic but saves a farmer’s harvest, who are we to say it should not rain? (Tom Barret)
There is a kind of poetic justice in the rain.
6. When it rains in your parade, look up before down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbows. (Gilbert K. Chesterton)
Everything has its positive side.
7. A perfect day can be sunny and also rainy, it depends on the attitude. (Tana Davis)
Nothing more to add. A question of attitude.
8. Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams. (Hosea Ballou)
Great poetic quotes about the rain of the British writer.
positive quotes about the rain
9. One can find so many pains when the rain is falling (John Steinbeck)
The wealth of nature made available to everyone.
10. I believe in running through the rain and crashing into the person you love. (Billy Bob Thornton)
A great desire with the most suitable context.
11. The rain starts with a single drop. (Manal al-Sharif)
A metaphor to understand many phenomena of life.
12. Raindrops make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by the constant fall. (Lucretius)
Erosion is produced by the effect of constancy.
13. Life is the fire that burns and the Sun that gives light. Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky. Life is matter and it is the earth, what is and what is not. (Seneca)
A great verse by one of the most respected philosophers.
14. I do not believe in pessimism. If something does not go the way you want, go ahead. If you think it’s going to rain, it will rain. (Clint Eastwood)
If you think negative it is quite common that things end up going badly.
15. In each life, some rain must fall. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
Without small bumps, life would not be so wonderful.
16. Do not book for tomorrow. Tomorrow it may rain. (Leo Durocher)
Carpe diem: do whatever you want, today.
17. The desert is beautiful and lives without rain. (Paul Johns)
Beautiful quotes about the rain
18. Without the Sun there would be no life, but neither without the rain. (Frey Juhn)
The union of both apparently contradictory elements is what produces the miracle of life.
19. The clouds are floating towards my life, not to bring rain or accompany the storm, but to add color to my sunset. (Rabindranath Tagore)
Great quotes about the rain of the Hindu author.
20. The sun is delicious, the rain is refreshing, the wind prepares us, the snow is stimulating. There really is no such thing as bad weather, just different kinds of good weather. (John Ruskin)
Indomitable verse of the British poet.
21. The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of the rain, the sound of the wind in a virgin forest and the sound of the ocean on a beach. (Henry Beston)
This American naturalist described weather sounds like that.
22. Life is full of beauty. Notice it in the bumblebee, in the little boy and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. (Ashley Smith)
Mother nature has everything perfectly arranged for our enjoyment.
23. The best thing you can do when it’s raining is to let it rain. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
A reflection of calm and serenity.
romantic quotes about the rain
24. The rain that falls. Summer rain on the earth. Night rain. The darkness and warmth and the torrent of passion. (James Joyce)
One of the most poetic rain quotes.
25. A welcome summer rain can suddenly cleanse the earth, the air and you. (Langston Hughes)
A repairing and healing rain.
26. God strips naked in the rain like an innumerable caress. (Juan Ortíz)
Nice famous quote that evokes tender feelings.
27. I think the fish is good, but then I think the rain is wet, so who am I to judge? (Douglas Adams)
Ironic quotes of the English screenwriter.
28. Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the smell of the rain, the taste of the favorite food or the sound of the voice of a loved one. (Joseph Wirthlin)
Details that make existence a path full of colors.
29. I do not consider myself a pessimist. I think a pessimist is someone who is waiting for it to rain. (Leonard Cohen)
The American musician spoke like that about the rain.
30. Roses will never rain: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees. (George Elliot)
A famous appointment with an ecological look.
31. A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in good time and they ask you to return when it starts to rain. (Robert Frost)
A metaphor that calls into question the moral integrity of financial institutions.
32. Criticism, like rain, must be gentle enough to fuel a man’s growth, without destroying his roots. (Frank A. Clark)
33. I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of the rain and the Sun. (Sophie Marceau)
Poetry words of the French actress.
34. The average man is a conformist, accepts the miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow in the rain. (Colin Wilson)
A metaphor about the prevailing mediocrity.
35. He could rest happily in a door all day long, conversing with passers-by on wind and rain. (Tom Hodgkinson)
On the frugality of life.
cute quotes about the rain
36. A wind has blown the rain, the sky, and all the leaves away, and the trees have stayed that way. I think I’ve been in the autumn too long. (E. Cummings)
A bucolic and rustic image.
37. If you really get in touch with a piece of carrot, you get in contact with the ground, the rain, the sun. You come into contact with Mother Earth and you eat in such a way that you feel in touch with real life, with your roots. (Thich Nath Hanh)
Fruit of the earth.
38. No one has the right to rain in your dreams. (Marian Wrigth Edelman)
Let no one embitter your own fabrications.
39. I love the rain. It is my favorite climate. (Kristen Wing)
The part for the whole in this poetic reflection.
40. I grew up in this city, my poetry was born between the hill and the river, it took its voice from the rain and, like wood, it got soaked in the woods. (Pablo Neruda)
An excerpt from a poetry by Neruda.
41. The rain is good for me. I feel that I reach true clarity when it rains. The more time I have to sit and wait, the clearer my game becomes. (Venus Williams)
A moment of lucidity, when the water falls.
42. The rain started again. He fell heavily, easily, without any meaning or intention, but the fulfillment of his own nature, which was falling and falling. (Helen Garner)
A beautiful description of the flow of rain.
43. I do not know why, but the rain enters my head the moment I think about my childhood. (Danush)
For better or worse.
44. There is always a curious period of time between the first sweet breeze and the moment when the rain breaks. (Don DeLillo)
A time lapse in which the transition occurs.
45. I am a being of heaven and earth, of thunder and lightning, of rain and wind, of galaxies. (Eden Ahbez)
46. Tears fall in my heart like rain in the city. (Paul Verlairne)
A sign of sadness
47. Veiled sailors cursed the rain, for which the poor shepherds prayed in vain. (Edmund Waller)
A verse that can leave us reflecting.
48. When I was a child, we never heard of smog, depletion of the ozone layer, acid rain or greenhouse gases. (Dennis Weaver)
A quotes of the rain to rethink the damage we are doing to the environment.
49. Plants grow when the rain comes and the sun rises. Both are good for them. (Gene Matris)
This is how photosynthesis arises.
50. Do not see the desert as a distant place with little rain. There are many forms of thirst. (William Langewiesche)
Visual metaphor about different climates of the world.
51. On rainy days, the sun is an unforgivable intruder. (Eduardo Sacheri)
Enjoy the rain, without anything else, is a perfect plan.
52. There are three things you can do at a baseball game. You can win, you can lose, or it can rain. (Casey Stengel)
Nice quotes about the rain and how it affects this sport.
53. Do not threaten me with love, honey. We are going to walk in the rain. (Billie Holiday)
Movie quote, very romantic.
54. Who am I that I have to sing under an umbrella? These people are my fans, and if they can be in the rain to hear me sing, I can stand the rain. (Bobby Darin)
Great thought of this singer born in New York.
55. It always rains in tents. The rain storms will travel thousands of kilometers, against the prevailing winds, for the chance to rain on a tent. (Dave Barry)
Paradoxes that are very real.
56. He liked the rain in Tripoli, it was violent, sudden as his feelings. (Margaret Mazzantini)
An excerpt from a novel by this brilliant author.
57. With rain this road, it would be another road, this forest another forest. (Patrick Rothfuss)
The rain arrives to change everything.
58. The Sun shines on good and bad people, and it rains on both of them too. God does not choose rain only for bad people. (Mariano Rivera)
Circumstances affect us all, for good and for bad.
59. Many curse the rain that falls on their heads, and they do not know that it brings abundance to drive away hunger. (Saint Basil)
Everything depends on how it is perceived.
60. I’m singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again. (Arthur Freed)
Something refreshing and cathartic.
61. It is important to be close to real things like rain and mud to have contact with nature. (Robin Day)
There is no need to fear the phenomena of nature.
62. If you constantly think about the rain, you will eventually find it. (Eddie Mayer)
Metaphor that teaches us the power of our thoughts.
63. A crown is just a hat that lets in the rain. (Frederick the Great)
To think and reflect deeply.
64. To be able to see the rainbow, you must first stand the rain. (David Cegla)
One of the most remembered rain quotes.
65. Love soothes like the light of the sun after the rain. ( William Shakespeare )
Catharsis after the storm. Read more William Shakespeare quotes on love and life.
66 When it rains I share my umbrella, if I do not have an umbrella, I share the rain. (Enrique Ernesto Febbraro)
A great show of solidarity.
67. He left in the rain. Without saying a word Without looking at me And I covered my face with my hands. And I cried. (Jacques Prévert)
An image of sadness before a farewell.
68. If the rain reaches here I will limit myself to live. I’ll wet my wings like the tree or the angel or maybe I’ll die of grief. (Luis Alberto Spinetta)
Another quotes that invokes the rain as an element of sadness.
69. Two more things we learned in the rain: any thirst is entitled to at least one large orange and all sadness to a circus morning, so that life is, once, like a flower or a song. (Mario Payeras)
Great verse of this Guatemalan poet.
70. If a political party attributes the merit of rain, it should not be surprising that its adversaries make it guilty of the drought. (Charlotte Morrow)
Metaphor of political cut.